How do you preserve peeled garlic? Last time we talked about the simple way to peel garlic, so how to preserve peeled garlic? Today, let’s talk about the best way to preserve fresh garlic.
3 best ways to keep peeled garlic
How to preserve peeled garlic? Cryopreservation is the most effective method. The peeled garlic can also be sealed and stored in a microwave oven.
- Wash the dust on the surface of the garlic cloves with water.
- Then control the moisture or wipe off the surface moisture with a kitchen paper towel.
- Put the peeled garlic cloves in a fresh-keeping bag with good vacuum sealing performance and put them in the refrigerator.
- If you can’t put it in the refrigerator at home, you can seal it in a fresh-keeping bowl, store it at room temperature for about two days, or put the peeled garlic cloves in the oven and roast it until it can be stored for about 3-5 days.
- If the garlic is peeled and cut into garlic, it is recommended to pack it in a sealed glass bottle, add an appropriate amount of edible salt to it, and store it in the refrigerator for about 7-10 days.
Peeled garlic cloves can be stored for a long time, even in a low-temperature environment. The best way is to put the peeled garlic cloves in a sealable fresh-keeping bag and then put it in the refrigerator’s freezer, which can prevent the oxygen from getting inside. Water loss can inhibit the germination of the garlic cloves and ensure that the garlic does not deteriorate.
How long can peeled garlic be stored in the refrigerator？
Generally, it can be kept in cold storage for about seven days.
The ambient temperature of the refrigerator compartment is between 0 and 10 degrees. At this temperature, the reproduction speed of bacteria and other microorganisms will be greatly reduced. It can maintain the freshness of peeled garlic cloves in a short period. It is usually sealed in a fresh-keeping bag or a fresh-keeping bowl. Peel garlic and store them in the refrigerator for about one week. You can continue to eat them. However, if you find the peeled garlic cloves soft, black, or peculiar during storage, don’t eat them anymore, which may endanger health.
2. Sealed preservation
You can put the peeled garlic cloves into a sealable empty bottle and an empty jar. This is the best way to keep peeled garlic. The bottle’s mouth must be sealed to prevent the garlic from absorbing too much water and germinating during the preservation process. This can keep them for a long time without deterioration, and the garlic cloves inside will remain fresh when taken out and eaten.
3. Oven treatment
If you have an oven at home, you can also treat the peeled garlic cloves in an oven before storing them, which can also extend the shelf life. The best way is to put the peeled garlic cloves on the baking tray of the oven. Then, set the temperature to about 50 degrees, let the oven work for 10 to 15 minutes, and put the garlic directly in an air-circulating environment after taking it out. So the peeled garlic can remain unchanged for a long time.
Well, the above is about how to preserve peeled garlic. If you have a better way to preserve peeled garlic, please comment below.